Betel leaf is quite popular (from the long past) for its herbal stimulant, (which is able to produce a classical aroma) & it also aids in prevention of intestinal gas. Betel leaf is known for its ability for holding bleeding or secretion. For various household remedies, betel leaf has already proved his capability.
Betel leaf juice contains diuretic properties. For easing urination mixture of dilute milk along with betel leaf juice & a bit of sweetness can help you well. Betel leaves have also been found to be quite helpful for debility as well as nervous exhaustion & pains (nervous).
Application of betel leaf over the painstaking areas can give you some relief, because of its cooling as well as analgesic properties. For ailments like respiratory disorders, application of warm soaked betel leaves (in mustard oil) over the chest can give you some useful relief from breathing problem as well as from cough. Using of betel leaf can also give you some relief from throat soreness. Wrapping betel leaf on the injured area can heal the area fast. Betel leaves are also useful for people suffering with orchitis, arthritis etc.
- Various betel leaves
Ingredients for preparing miang sauce:
- Coconut- 2 handfuls (shredded as well as toasted)
- Lime leaves- 2
- Chilli-1 (minced)
- Lemongrass-1 stick
- Palm sugar- 6 discs
- Garlic- 1 clove (chopped finely)
- Nama shoyu- 2 tbsp
- Thai shallots- 2 (minced)
- Galangal- 1 knob (chopped finely)
Ingredients for filling:
- Thai shallots- 2 (chopped)
- Peanuts- handful (roasted as well as crushed)
- Spring onion-2 (cut into thin strips)
- Pomelo- 1 (segmented)
- Chili- ½ (minced)
- Salt- A pinch of it
- Thai shallots- handful (crispy fried)
- Lemon zest- 1 lemon & juice too
- Mint- ½ bunches (minced)
- Pomegranate seeds- 1 pomegranate
- Shredded coconut- handful (make it toasted)
- Coriander- ½ bunches (minced)
- For preparing the sauce you need to crumble all the dry things with the exception of sugar. You can use mortar or even pestle for crushing sugar.
- Now take a frying pan & pour the palm sugar with some water (200 ml). Let it melt & pour all the crumbled ingredients & allow it to simmer for almost 20-25 minutes. Let it cool down & throw in the shredded toasted coconut (2 handfuls) into it.
- Take a big sized bowl & mix all the ingredients there, without the lime juice. Add the miang sauce (3 tbsp approx.) & then pour the lime juice according to your taste.
- Place the betel leaves individually & then pour the mixture (you can use the spoon) on every leaves.
- Now fold it well & serve this unique mouthwatering dish with the sauce.
Now it’s time make some relaxing drink with the help of betel leaves.
- Sugar: 100 grms
- Betel leaf- 10-12
- Cardamom powder- A pinch of it
- Mint leaves- 10-12
- Firstly chop the mint leaves as well as betel leaves into small size portions.
- Take a saucepan & heat almost 1 glass of water (glass should be of medium size).
- Now pour the sugar along with the chopped mint & betel leaves into that water.
- Allow it to cook until you get the tender texture.
- Take it off from the oven & allow it to cool down.
- Now use your mixer grinder to mix the whole mixture & then filter it.
- Pour the cardamom powder (a pinch of it).
- Take a nice looking glass & add some ice cubes into it.
- Now pour the mixture & serve it.